If you are expecting this site to show a person whose house is spotless, with homemade meals and desert made from scratch on the table every night, the laundry always caught up, my kid always acting perfect and handmade gifts given for every holiday, then you’ve landed on the wrong site.

If you are NOT like the person mentioned above and you want to come hang out with someone who isn’t a Supermom either, then you’ve come to the right place.

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Official Notice: The 3 Second Rule Has Now Been Changed to 10 Seconds

That’s right, if food hits the floor and has been there now longer than 10 seconds it’s not OK. OK, it’s OK, but not right. But then again, I never claim to be right all the time. What do health officials know anyway? OK, so they know more than me, but how many of them remember when their kids were young?

If you’re like me then you know that it is impossible to keep a kitchen floor sterile clean. If you have kids, a husband, dog or even if you live by yourself the kitchen floor attracts all the dirt known in the universe. At least you can’t say it’s not organic.

So when you catch your toddler crawling under his high chair and finding that loan cheerio from breakfast (from yesterday) you cringe, but you no longer rush up to give him the Heimlich maneuver. You have now come to the point in your life where the 3 second rule just isn’t long enough.

You scold yourself internally, but you just don’t have it in you anymore to hold to that rule. Rules are meant to be broken. Think building immunity. Now don’t get me wrong, I don’t let my child pick up strange food or objects found on the ground outside. I’m not that bad of a mother. I just can’t keep up with is every stealth move and morsel of food that happens to find its way to the floor. I actually have other things to do like emptying that smelly garbage can that’s overflowing with dirty diapers. Silly me, and I thought buying some new potpourri would do the trick.

I have to go, the little man just threw his sippy cup in the garbage before I got around to emptying it. And yes, I’ll wash it off before I give it back to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails