If you are expecting this site to show a person whose house is spotless, with homemade meals and desert made from scratch on the table every night, the laundry always caught up, my kid always acting perfect and handmade gifts given for every holiday, then you’ve landed on the wrong site.

If you are NOT like the person mentioned above and you want to come hang out with someone who isn’t a Supermom either, then you’ve come to the right place.

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Are You A Crazy Mom or Dad?

Are you? I think I am, but I hope someday that will make me “cool” in my son’s eyes. We already have some crazy fun together and I really want to be the “cool” mom.

I went to a store yesterday that wasn’t too crowded. It had wide open aisles and being that shopping can get boring for both my son and me I took off running down the aisle pushing the cart with my son strapped in, watching out for people of course. We raced down the aisle while I loudly made racing car sounds. My son laughed loudly and squealed with delight as the wind rushed through his hair. Of course people stared, but some of them were laughing too so hey, at least we were also entertainment for the rest of them.

Some would probably frown and think I’m crazy and acting immature, but if you think about it – who has more fun than crazy people? It made my little boy laugh and have a good time and I got a sprint workout. Do you ever do this?

Other ways I act like a crazy mom is I ride the cart on a downhill slant in the parking lot just like I did as a kid. Talk about the looks I get, but it’s fun! I dare you to try it and say it isn’t fun. Please try it. I bet you can’t do it without laughing. I also proclaim to my kid in a loud voice for others to hear that no, he can’t drive home today because if he remembers he can’t drive a stick. He can drive next time if I bring the truck. He will however, know how to drive a stick once he’s old enough to ride in the front seat. He can shift while I clutch.

If I am looking at clothes for myself, I hold them up and ask his opinion as if he could answer me. Then I pretend he answered me and either agree or disagree. I look at clothes on one rack while he pulls the clothes off of the hangers on another rack and puts them over his head. Nothing funnier than seeing a little boy with a bra on his head and his mom just saying she doesn’t think it’s his color.

While waiting in line I play games with him, pile things on top of my head till they all fall off and whisper secrets in his ear all just to get him to laugh and keep him entertained. Weird I know, but what would you rather have - a mom acting crazy trying to entertain her kid or a screaming toddler who’s bored? And since stores have 50 registers, but only seem to open two of them the wait can get kind of long as you know. What’s up with that anyway? Why spend the money on all these registers if you are only going to use two and one being an express lane with 15 items or less? Come on! We have lives to get back to!

Since I have to take him with me on errands I want these outings to be fun for him so as he gets older it isn’t such a battle. I want to have fun too! I also reward good behavior. I don’t buy him a gift or treat every time, but sometimes I do and I don’t think there is anything wrong with that.

I think acting crazy helps to keep the “crazies” away from us too. If some crazy person is thinking of mugging me or stealing my car or some other terrible thing, if they see me acting crazy they might just be too afraid and leave me alone. Wow, acting crazy as a self defense move – what a concept!

And if you think what I do in the stores is bad, you should see us singing and moving in the car, especially at stop lights. I can’t sing, but the nice thing is he doesn’t care. He thinks I’m funny.

Am I crazy? I sure hope so. I hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails