If you are expecting this site to show a person whose house is spotless, with homemade meals and desert made from scratch on the table every night, the laundry always caught up, my kid always acting perfect and handmade gifts given for every holiday, then you’ve landed on the wrong site.

If you are NOT like the person mentioned above and you want to come hang out with someone who isn’t a Supermom either, then you’ve come to the right place.

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

My Savings From Kroger







Well, I hit it Mega Event sale that our local Kroger’s is offering this week.

Check out my post on Kroger's sale for this week: Click Here



I didn’t do too bad. I stocked up on some things, but didn’t go overboard. Some people really stock up. For example, certain varieties of Kellog’s cereal was on sale and was also part of the mega event. Combine that with $1.00 off coupons and cereal that normally costs over $3.00 a box costs only a $1.49 – about half. So many people will buy 10 boxes or more. I only got a few and left the rest of the coupons there on the shelf for some other lucky shopper. We don’t eat that much cereal and the varieties that were on sale weren’t the kind we normally like. We don’t have a separate freezer or endless shelves for large stock piling like some Coupon Queens do, but we do pretty good.



Most of the items I bought were from the Mega Event list, though I did buy a few other things that were on sale and I had some good coupons for. My savings were - Coupons of $20.03 & Mega Event Rebate of $15.00. According to my receipt when combined with the sale prices and Kroger Plus savings I saved $60.17. All in all not too bad. I filled to the rim all seven of my large reusable shopping bags with mostly name brand items and saved around 40% off of my grocery bill.



I am so thankful to God that we are blessed to have so much food in our house. We try and get a few items to put in the food pantry bin on the way out of the store. I hope you all take advantage of the sales going around at the different stores this week so you can save money too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails