If you are expecting this site to show a person whose house is spotless, with homemade meals and desert made from scratch on the table every night, the laundry always caught up, my kid always acting perfect and handmade gifts given for every holiday, then you’ve landed on the wrong site.

If you are NOT like the person mentioned above and you want to come hang out with someone who isn’t a Supermom either, then you’ve come to the right place.

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Falling Back On To The Wagon

Weight, or the excess of, has been a battle I have waged for years.

Growing up from childhood through my twenties I was considered skinny and very much in shape. Always being active and working with horses made sure of that. I was thin, but very strong. I didn’t start to have issues with weight and health problems till I started taking jobs in offices working in front of computers. Sitting at a desk all day caused my health to fall apart and the pounds to pack on. Medications to help with the health problems helped to add weight to the issues literally. I was on a downward spiral when I finally had had enough.

I took back my health when I was introduced to
Shaklee. I was able to get off of all the medications and my healthy slowly improved as my strength came back. I still have issues I’m working on overcoming, but the weight has stayed with me. I believe that my body thinks this is the weight I want to be at and therefore battles me when I try to convince it to shed more pounds.

I know there is no magic pill, no magic drink that will make it melt off fast. Though I did believe chasing after a toddler would help, all this toddler has showed me is I better get my rear in gear when it comes to fitness if I ever hope to be able to keep up! We all know that deep down in our hearts the best way to lose unwanted weight and keep it off is to eat right and to exercise. No one needs to teach us how to eat right, it is pretty much common sense and there are literally tons of information out there if you want a reminder on how to eat right. Same goes for exercising – there are so many different ways to exercise it boggles the mind.

I’m not obese, but I could stand to lose about 30 pounds. Not a lot by some people’s standards, but to me it seems like a mountain of weight. I’m not concerned so much about the number on the scale, heck, I don’t even own a scale! I just want to look goooood! I want to like what I see in the mirror; I want my husband to be proud of his “trophy wife”; and I must admit I would like to see him get just a teenie bit jealous of the way other men may look at me. Childish I know, but you have to admit getting a compliment on the way you look can do wonders for your morale.

So what am I doing to get me back on the wagon? Well, not a lot. See, that “weight/fitness wagon” that we talk about is moving pretty fast and I need to lose a lot of weight in order for me to be able to haul my fat butt up on to it. Though people generally will morally support you, the only one who can truly help you is yourself. So when the wagon goes whizzing by you need to have the strength to pull yourself up on it by yourself with no one’s help. The only way I can do that is to love myself enough to want to take care of myself. So basically, I’m just going to exercise more, drink less pop and try and eat better. Nothing that is all that spectacular. Sorry, if this is a letdown for you in case you were looking for that magic bullet you wanted me to share with you.

My husband has always been telling me to take care of myself because he and “Little Man” needs me. I was so busy taking care of them I just never made the connection. As moms, we take on the role as the caregivers for EVERYONE ELSE, but us! That is really dumb on our part. If we fall apart mentally and physically then who will take care of the people we love? We have to take care of ourselves and we have to love ourselves enough to do that. Therein has been my problem. Loving others has never been a problem for me, but loving myself has. Do you suffer with that issue as well? I think a lot of people do. I know I’m not the only one who feels this way. God said, “Love your neighbor as yourself.” I need to learn to love myself as well as my neighbor. I have to learn to love myself enough to be as healthy as I can be. I want to be a good role model for my son and I want to have the energy and strength to do whatever I want to do in life. Don’t you?

Well, now that I’ve thrown this out there, I guess better stick with it. Oh the pressure! Ha, ha, ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails