If you are expecting this site to show a person whose house is spotless, with homemade meals and desert made from scratch on the table every night, the laundry always caught up, my kid always acting perfect and handmade gifts given for every holiday, then you’ve landed on the wrong site.

If you are NOT like the person mentioned above and you want to come hang out with someone who isn’t a Supermom either, then you’ve come to the right place.

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

My Doctor is Out of Town - Grrreeaatt!

I am very sick now. Last night was a nightmare with very little sleep.
You know how it is when you cough so hard you feel like a lung is coming up and your head is going to explode? That is me. I can barely talk, my throat is swollen, my chest hurts and breathing is hard.

I tried to get a hold of my doc, but he is out till the middle of July! And he has no backup. I like my doctor, but hate the fact he has no backup doctor for when his patients are sick.

I called my husband's doctor and asked if they would see me and they refused. Nice of them, huh?

My husband and I had our own respective doctors before we met and since both are in our insurance's network, we decided to keep them. Not a problem till now.

I was informed I would have to go to an Urgent Care or ER. Not something I want to do.

Around here Urgent Care doctors are called, "Quack in a box". They are not known for their great care. Not sure why, if it's just the ones around here or if it's a problem everywhere. ER visits costs $150 co-pay. Too pricey for us.

Either way, I won't take my toddler to an Urgent Care or ER with me as it can be a very long wait and it's not the most sterile environment if you know what I mean. I don't want him picking up an even nastier bug there. So I will have to wait till my husband can come home and take myself.

My son has his first dentist appointment today as well and I don't want to miss that. I'm sure they are just going to love having me there. The pediatric dentist is right next door to my son's pediatrician. Oh how I wish he could see me and help me out. Gone are the days of the family doc who did everything and saw every member of the family I guess. Oh well.

My house is a wreck, my son is watching way too much TV and I get overheated just typing this. Not my definition of a good mom. Hopefully I can get some relief from somewhere soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails