If you are expecting this site to show a person whose house is spotless, with homemade meals and desert made from scratch on the table every night, the laundry always caught up, my kid always acting perfect and handmade gifts given for every holiday, then you’ve landed on the wrong site.

If you are NOT like the person mentioned above and you want to come hang out with someone who isn’t a Supermom either, then you’ve come to the right place.

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

It Got Momma, too

Well, the sickness finally took down big Momma.

My little gearhead had a fever for 5 days and though it responded well to acetaminophen, I thought 5 days was too long to have a fever and I took him to the doc. He was also putting his fingers in his ears and I thought that maybe he was getting an ear infection. He also said that his head hurt sometimes.

Though his fever was low, he had a raspy cough and very runny nose. He had a light ear infection in one ear which the doctor on call thought Amoxicillin was what he needed. She agreed with me the other stuff was viral. Though I hate having to put him on antibiotics for a small ear infection, I guess it’s better than waiting till it gets to be a big ear infection.

I remember reading though, that studies have shown it’s best to see if ear infections dry up on their own and that doctors shouldn’t be so quick to give out antibiotics. I am giving the antibiotic to him, but doing so reluctantly. I’m torn because I believe in medicine, but am against the overuse of antibiotics. I just want what’s best for my son. I’m just not sure what that is.

To add to the fun, the nasty bug has taken me down. The fever, body aches, cough, etc. has a grip on me and won’t let go. My fatigue is getting worse at about the same rate as my little one is getting better….and more energy.

Keeping up with a toddler when you are sick is definitely no fun. Short of playing with fire I am pretty much letting him do what he wants. Want to watch TV? No problem, though I am selective on what he watches. Want to put stickers all over the couch and me, OK by me.

So, I may or may not have the presence of mind in the next few days, let alone enough energy to come up with something worth reading. Check out the labels or the blog archive for articles you may have missed.

I’m sure I’ll be up and running on all 8 soon.
Till then….


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails