If you are expecting this site to show a person whose house is spotless, with homemade meals and desert made from scratch on the table every night, the laundry always caught up, my kid always acting perfect and handmade gifts given for every holiday, then you’ve landed on the wrong site.

If you are NOT like the person mentioned above and you want to come hang out with someone who isn’t a Supermom either, then you’ve come to the right place.

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Update: On Brown Recluse Spider Bite

If you recall I wrote an article on my son's spider bite that was believed by two doctors to have been from a brown recluse spider bite. See story here.


I am happy to say he is doing quite well. The wounds have healed and there is minimal scarring.


I truly believe the reason he healed so quickly was due to we got the medicine in him within 24 hours and that he is so healthy. I believe in giving him infant and toddler vitamins from Shaklee, specifically the Shaklee Baby Vitamin Mix and I crush up one chewable Vita-C in his drink every morning. The docs all say he is so healthy and helped him to heal quickly.


I know of two other people who waited only a few days to seek medical attention and are still trying to recover after months of hospitalization, surgeries and rehabilitation. We are so fortunate.


I still worry that he will get bit again because I don't know where the bite occurred. Was it in the house? On the slide outside? In the yard? We may never know. It may have been a one in a million chance, too.


Please take all insect bites seriously. See your doctor if there is swelling, fever, rash, etc. If it ends up being benign, then good. If it's more sinister, then you have a better chance of healing if you get medical help early.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails