If you are expecting this site to show a person whose house is spotless, with homemade meals and desert made from scratch on the table every night, the laundry always caught up, my kid always acting perfect and handmade gifts given for every holiday, then you’ve landed on the wrong site.

If you are NOT like the person mentioned above and you want to come hang out with someone who isn’t a Supermom either, then you’ve come to the right place.

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, August 17, 2009

Are You A Fierce Mama Bear?

I am. I’ve always said the most dangerous animal on the planet is a mother protecting her young. Mess with my child and you’re going to get hurt.

I recently read a short article titled, “Taming Your Inner Mama Bear” from SheKnows on Huggie’s website. Click here to read it. She talked about how she gets very protective of her child and has gone off verbally on other children and their parents before when her child was hurt or bullied. She then goes on to say how she’s trying to channel that instinctive behavior to find better ways of dealing with the situation all while still protecting her child.

It can be difficult I know. I too, have to watch my reaction when I feel my child’s safety or well being is being threatened. I’m quick to temper anyway and this mama bear instinct is very strong. I believe this instinct is a good thing and I am certainly not going to try and soften it any. What I do need to try to do is to rationally evaluate the situation before “losing it” with someone. If they are just being insulting or inconsiderate then maybe I should find a more diplomatic way of getting my thoughts across. They deserve that second chance and they deserve a person who is together enough to “educate” them without being threatening to them. If however, they are truly jeopardizing him well, then they deserve my wrath. The hard part is knowing when it’s ok to shred them to pieces and when you should stop and think before you speak.

Do you ever struggle with this? Most moms probably do. If I had to choose though, I would say keep your mama bear instinct and let others beware!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails