If you are expecting this site to show a person whose house is spotless, with homemade meals and desert made from scratch on the table every night, the laundry always caught up, my kid always acting perfect and handmade gifts given for every holiday, then you’ve landed on the wrong site.

If you are NOT like the person mentioned above and you want to come hang out with someone who isn’t a Supermom either, then you’ve come to the right place.

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, April 16, 2009

French’s Elle Magazine Amazing No-Makeup Issue! :0

Believe it or not this magazine has some of the top models on the cover with no makeup and claim no photoshop or air brushing touch ups were done. Though when I look at the pictures they do look like they have some makeup on. Not very much, just enough to look “natural”. Of course, perfect lighting helps, too.

Here’s a quote from the article I read. “Judging from the images that have been leaked so far (the entire issue hits newsstands later this week), this title could not be more apt. Model Herzigova, 36, and actresses Marceau, 42, and Bellucci, 44, all look refreshingly natural, relaxed, and vulnerable in a way American stars are seldom seen.”

These are not 18 year old models either! Now, of course they have a natural beauty to them. You know the kind. The ones who look great when they first get out of bed in the morning. This does not describe me. I don’t leave the house without some makeup on so as not to scare small children. It’s a close to natural that I’ve seen in fashion magazines so far, however. It is so refreshing to see this and I wish American magazines would do more of this.

I am so sick of seeing perfect models in magazines. I also hate seeing 18 year olds selling me wrinkle cream! The skinny, beautiful “girls” you see in magazines and on TV do not represent the majority of us. I can’t help but feel a little inadequate when I see these pictures even though I know they aren’t realistic. That is why it’s nice to see this. Now, if they would just show models that have a more realistic weight to them.

It’s a start though. Let’s tell the American magazines we want to see more of women like “us”.

Check out the full story that I read here > Yay! French Elle's amazing no-makeup issue (and why American mags need to step it up)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails