If you are expecting this site to show a person whose house is spotless, with homemade meals and desert made from scratch on the table every night, the laundry always caught up, my kid always acting perfect and handmade gifts given for every holiday, then you’ve landed on the wrong site.

If you are NOT like the person mentioned above and you want to come hang out with someone who isn’t a Supermom either, then you’ve come to the right place.

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, April 26, 2010

Adventures In Potty Training - Part 1

This is the first in what I hope is a very short series. I am tired of diapers. That’s it. That’s the main reason. That and we could use the money. You may be thinking one or two things right now. Either I am a bad mom for what you think is pushing my son into it too soon or you are where I’m at now and can relate. Either way you are probably right.

I have heard potty training requires a lot of patience, but I was unprepared for how much patience is really needed. An unbelievable amount of patience is required for this. You need patience, patience and more patience. Did I mention you need patience?

I had read articles and ideas from other parents from all over the Internet and all I really discovered was there are just as many different ways to train your little poop machine as there are people. It’s amazing how many different approaches there are.

So I decided to take the no-nonsense, don't wait forever to start approach. Though my son is only 2 I feel many parents wait way too long to start. I don’t want to wait till when we “have” to as he’s starting pre-school. That kind of pressure may be too much for him and me. He has been showing the signs of interest and though he isn’t good at all of them I feel he is ready.

The question is, am I? Well, I thought so until…..

See the next article coming soon - Adventures In Potty Training Part 2


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails