If you are expecting this site to show a person whose house is spotless, with homemade meals and desert made from scratch on the table every night, the laundry always caught up, my kid always acting perfect and handmade gifts given for every holiday, then you’ve landed on the wrong site.

If you are NOT like the person mentioned above and you want to come hang out with someone who isn’t a Supermom either, then you’ve come to the right place.

Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Pre-Cooking Saves Time & Money

Today is rainy, cold and windy. Not very good weather to enjoy the outside.
So I decided to do some pre-cooking today.
I like to pre-cook things, especially meat ahead of time to make my life during the week easier. It not only saves me a lot of time and stress, but it also saves me money.
I can buy the items when they are marked down, buy in bulk, cook it up and freeze different amounts. This way, when I want to make a meal, I either already have the entire meal cooked where all I have to do is defrost and re-heat (perfect for older kids and spouses left to fend for themselves some nights) or I have the meat pre-cooked where all I have to do is add the other ingredients and heat.
It cuts my cook time by over half. This makes getting good meals on the table fast which helps prevent the, “I’m too tired to cook, let’s get fast food” trap. It saves money and is more nutritious.
So today, I am cooking my organic ground beef and Italian sausage to put in pasta dishes, my chicken is already cooked and next is the little amount of pork I have - a roast of where I couldn’t resist the price.
So if your week gets too busy to cook good meals, try taking a half a day and pre-cook some of them. When that hectic and tiring weekday rolls around you will be so glad you did.
Here are some websites where you can print some great coupons for FREE!
·         Save on Groceries at Coupons.com!  Click Here

·         Sign up for $5 in coupons, special offers, promotions & more from Kellogg's!  Click Here


·         Save at CoolSavings with grocery coupons, free stuff offers, discount codes, tips and more!  Click Here

·         Free coupons from your favorite brands. Click Here


*Healthy Nutrition – Changing brands can change your life! As the number one national nutrition company in America, we’ve been helping people live healthier for over 50 years. Are you ready to change your life? Visit our website and see how we can help – To Be Healthy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails