If you are expecting this site to show a person whose house is spotless, with homemade meals and desert made from scratch on the table every night, the laundry always caught up, my kid always acting perfect and handmade gifts given for every holiday, then you’ve landed on the wrong site.

If you are NOT like the person mentioned above and you want to come hang out with someone who isn’t a Supermom either, then you’ve come to the right place.

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Why Can’t I Parent More Like God?

I wish I was just a fraction of a good parent as God is to us, His children.
When I screw up, He doesn’t yell at me.
When I get dirty, He doesn’t insist I go and clean up right away.
When I make a mistake, He doesn’t point it out.
When I act mean to others, He doesn’t make me apologize.
When I am stingy, He doesn’t force me to share my toys.
When I am bad, He doesn’t yell and scream at me.
He just shows me, gently, how His way is ultimately the better and more satisfying way.
He shows me through His ultimate wisdom, His remarkable patience and His never ending love, the right course to take.
He teaches by example and with gentleness.
He loves me and lets me know it all the time even when I don’t think I deserve it.
I must learn to parent like that.
Why can’t I parent more like God? I have the perfect example to follow. I must try my hardest to follow that example.
Maybe if I ask Him, He will help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails