If you are expecting this site to show a person whose house is spotless, with homemade meals and desert made from scratch on the table every night, the laundry always caught up, my kid always acting perfect and handmade gifts given for every holiday, then you’ve landed on the wrong site.

If you are NOT like the person mentioned above and you want to come hang out with someone who isn’t a Supermom either, then you’ve come to the right place.

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I Wonder If It Got To The Right Place….

This past Saturday the local post office was having a canned food drive. They asked, if on Saturday May 8 that we put non-perishable foods in a bag by our mailbox, then the carrier would pick them up as they dropped off the mail.

Thinking this was a good idea, I had left the notice the post office had sent out on the counter to remind me. Well, since I was so busy I forgot what the date was.

Hearing the mailman’s truck I hurried and bagged up two bags of canned goods and rushed outside to give them to him. Though he seemed a little surprised, he thanked me for my generosity and drove off.

It wasn’t until Sunday when I realized my mistake. The day I gave him the canned goods was on Friday the 7th, not Saturday the 8th! Doh! I knew the 8th was a Saturday, but for some reason I thought it was Saturday and I didn’t want to miss out on the food drive.

That mailman must have thought I was nuts. I sure hope he took the food back with him to the post office and put it in the bins for the food drive and not keep the food for himself. I can only pray he is honest.

Have you ever done anything like that? I feel like such an idiot. Guess it just goes to show you can be too busy and lose track of not only time, but days!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails