If you are expecting this site to show a person whose house is spotless, with homemade meals and desert made from scratch on the table every night, the laundry always caught up, my kid always acting perfect and handmade gifts given for every holiday, then you’ve landed on the wrong site.

If you are NOT like the person mentioned above and you want to come hang out with someone who isn’t a Supermom either, then you’ve come to the right place.

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

No, I Haven’t Made Any New Year’s Resolutions

Why? I really don’t know for sure.
Maybe it’s because I’m too busy living life and visualizing what I want to be. I have always considered myself a “Work In Progress”. The changing of the calendar doesn’t change that. Just because I hang up a new calendar and try to remember to write the correct date doesn’t mean I automatically start changing my ways. I’m always trying to change!

My brother Mike said he doesn’t have New Year’s resolutions, he has goals. His main goal is to spend more time with family. I think that is a pretty good goal. One I’d like to have as well. It’s simple, to the point and an easy one to start with.

I have personal goals, professional goals, financial goals, health goals, parenting goals, etc. You name it, I probably have a goal for it. In the past I have written some of them down like you are supposed to, but I then get so busy I lose the paper they are written on. They don’t do me much good unless I keep up with them. I do need to re-write them though. Oh, I guess I need to make that a goal of mine – to re-write goals.

The problem I’ve noticed is when I write my goals down and contemplate them I tend to try and completely change my life in every aspect all at once. Though I certainly need improvement in every aspect of my life, it’s just too overwhelming. I need to pick just one area at a time and concentrate on that. It may be sad that everything I am and do needs improving, but at least there is no fear of ever running out of ways I can improve myself. Being bored is not a problem I face.

Writing your goal down is an almost must, just don’t write them all down at once. To keep from being overwhelmed, just pick one or two things that are a top priority to you to change and write them down. Pick a goal date, actions that you need to do to get you there and break those actions down into little steps. It’s the little things you can do every day that will help you reach your goal.

So, my goal? To pick which goals are my top priority. Guess I better write that down, huh?


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails