If you are expecting this site to show a person whose house is spotless, with homemade meals and desert made from scratch on the table every night, the laundry always caught up, my kid always acting perfect and handmade gifts given for every holiday, then you’ve landed on the wrong site.

If you are NOT like the person mentioned above and you want to come hang out with someone who isn’t a Supermom either, then you’ve come to the right place.

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Quote: Serving Leftovers

"The most remarkable thing about my mother is that for thirty years she served the family nothing but leftovers. The original meal has never been found."
~ Calvin Trillin

I thought this quote was hilarious.

I remember eating very few left overs in our house growing up. Having six older brothers meant my mom would cook a big feast with desert, but there were very few left overs.

Me on the other hand tend to make bigger meals and freeze the left overs for another time. It’s cheaper and easier to make a bunch all at once and freeze the extra for those nights I just don’t feel like cooking.


And I have noticed that those nights where I don't feel like cooking seem to be coming more often.


I remember though on more than one occasion when I told my husband that we were having left overs tonight, he would ask me, “Leftovers from what?” We could never remember when the original meal was. Usually I just pull out something from the back of the freezer and serve that up.

I figure if I pull from the back first, then that’s the oldest. Sometimes I take the time to date the container and mark what it is and other times I don’t. So when I am serving left overs it’s more like mystery meal night – You know you’re getting a salad and veggie, but the main meal remains a mystery till defrosted.

It’s just my way of adding a little excitement to a meal.



Ever go to a restaurant and wonder how they make your favorite dish? Well, Recipe Lion has some of those restaurant recipes! Check them out here > 33 Secret Restaurant Copycat Recipes: Volume III Click Here

RecipeLion

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails