If you are expecting this site to show a person whose house is spotless, with homemade meals and desert made from scratch on the table every night, the laundry always caught up, my kid always acting perfect and handmade gifts given for every holiday, then you’ve landed on the wrong site.

If you are NOT like the person mentioned above and you want to come hang out with someone who isn’t a Supermom either, then you’ve come to the right place.

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, September 28, 2009

Save Money By Making Your Own Baby Wipes

Diapers and wipes can be so expensive, can’t they? Ideally the most economical and ecological thing to do would be to use cloth diapers and wash cloths.

Sometimes though, due to circumstances such as time constraints, daycare or sitter preferences or even your own preferences, cloth isn’t always the first choice.

Though at times I do use cloth and wash cloths, I also use disposable diapers and wipes. Commercial wipes however, have some major drawbacks, one of them being cost. The other drawback is they really can irritate sensitive bottoms. My little one developed a rash and he would cry when wipes were used because they sting so badly. The poor little guy would cry and run away at the mere mention of a diaper change. Even the wipes without alcohol sting. The next time you get a cut, try one and you’ll see what I mean.
That’s when I decided to make my own.

I take soft paper towels and 2 cups of water with ½ teaspoon of my favorite baby wash mixed in. I tear the paper towels off of the roll, fold each one into thirds and layer them one by one in a re-used wipe tub.

After the tub is half full of towels, I pour in ½ or 1 cup of my baby wash and water mixture. Then I continue to folding and layering the towels. When the tub is full, I add the remaining baby wash and water mixture.

I can get approximately ½ roll of paper towels into a tub. If you need to later on, you can always add more plain water if you want wetter towels. You can use whatever brand of paper towels you like. I recommend the softest ones you can find. I like Viva towels and I like that they are scored in ½ sheets. Other brands are too. You can use ones with whole sheets and just tear them in half yourself, but if time is an issue for you, then get the ones that are all ready to be torn in half sheet sizes.

Make sure you watch out for sales on the brand you like and collect your coupons. Use your coupons then when the brand is on sale and stock up. This will maximize your savings.

I recommend this baby wash because it is very concentrated and lasts a long time. Also, check out these other benefits:
99% natural
76% certified organic ingredients
Pediatrician tested
Organic aloe base with oat extract and olive oil for mild lather
Organic lavender to soothe
Organic chamomile to calm and relax
pH balanced
Sensitivity tested
Hypoallergenic
No parabens or SLS
No artificial colors or fragrance
No 1,4-dioxane or formaldehyde

This combination allows me to make my own wipes at a fraction of the cost of commercial wipes. It also helps prevent diaper rash and doesn’t irritate sensitive bottoms. It doesn’t take that much time either. Make a couple tubs up at once so you won’t run out. Try it, I think you will like it and your little one will too.


I hope you enjoyed this article and found it helpful. Please let me know how you liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails