If you are expecting this site to show a person whose house is spotless, with homemade meals and desert made from scratch on the table every night, the laundry always caught up, my kid always acting perfect and handmade gifts given for every holiday, then you’ve landed on the wrong site.

If you are NOT like the person mentioned above and you want to come hang out with someone who isn’t a Supermom either, then you’ve come to the right place.

Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, September 21, 2012

Worth Reading


Below are some articles I have read recently that I liked. I hope you like them, too. Please share with us some articles and stories you have come across that you like and tell us why.

  • Married & Dating (Each Other)  by the M.O.B. Society – We must make time for us as a couple. Finding childcare though is our main hang up, since we basically have none. How do you all  squeeze in couple time?


  • Are We Serving Our Family Leftovers? by The Better Mom – a short article that reminds moms who do a lot for others outside the home to remember to serve your family first, then others. It can be a hard balance to strike. You want to help others, but not at the expense of taking care of your family. How do you find that balance?


  • The Best Way to Balance a Busy Life by The Better Mom – another short article to gently help us to remember that we don’t need to be so busy. We must be very picky how we spend precious time. Do we really want our children adopting our hectic lives, or do we want them to learn how to be happy and peaceful? Don’t we deserve to be happy and peaceful, too? Yes! Yes, we do! Time to scale back to what really is important. Hard to do, yes, but we must do it. How do you balance your life?


  • Hope for the Tired and Weary  by Mom Heart – I needed to read this today. I needed to be reminded that it’s OK to be weary and that everyone gets to that point. I think you will love what is said in this story, too, especially if you are weary.


  • First Time Obedience, Really? Another View Into the Process by I Take Joy – This is a little longer, but so worth the time reading. It’s a collection of a few short things Sally has written on obedience in children. I needed this reminder as I tend to be too harsh with discipline and expect immediate obedience. It was the way I was raised and I see myself passing on that type of parenting. I want to be better than that. This is a good article. How do you view discipline? Are you a demand it now type of person, like me? If your children are older, what did you learn from teaching them discipline?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails