If you are expecting this site to show a person whose house is spotless, with homemade meals and desert made from scratch on the table every night, the laundry always caught up, my kid always acting perfect and handmade gifts given for every holiday, then you’ve landed on the wrong site.

If you are NOT like the person mentioned above and you want to come hang out with someone who isn’t a Supermom either, then you’ve come to the right place.

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, September 13, 2012

A Child’s 10 Commandments

Janelle at The Better Mom did it again. She has a post that is so touching and worth reading - A Child’s 10 Commandments is something I know I need to be reminded of.

Our lives have been turned upside down lately and we are all feeling the strain. Our faith, our strength, everything  has been tested to the breaking point, and yesterday I failed as a mother.

I screamed at my son for whining and talking back. I made him cry. I utterly failed.
I took it all out on my son at that moment who did not deserve my short temper.
I begged for his forgiveness and for God's at my horrible actions. I felt ashamed.

I need to carry these commandments around in front of me, to remind me of the precious gift God has given me and to treat this gift as such.

Enjoy reading A Child’s 10 Commandments

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails