If you are expecting this site to show a person whose house is spotless, with homemade meals and desert made from scratch on the table every night, the laundry always caught up, my kid always acting perfect and handmade gifts given for every holiday, then you’ve landed on the wrong site.

If you are NOT like the person mentioned above and you want to come hang out with someone who isn’t a Supermom either, then you’ve come to the right place.

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

I Am a Stay at Home Mom, So Sue Me!

That’s what I felt like saying when my neighbor made the comment that she has to work and can’t worry about planting flowers.

I was working hard trying to plant some flowers in the yard when the couple next door was commenting on the flowers I was planting with my son. I was joking on how he was “helping” me and talking about yard work. That’s when the comment that was dripping with resentment came from my neighbor.
I can understand her resentment, seeing me stay home and plant flowers. Her children are school age and they are struggling some financially, so I can understand where they are coming from. I have been there, so I know what’s it like.
I am lucky to be able to stay home with my son and if my business takes off, I hope to be able to continue being here for him, but I won’t apologize for it.
What she never saw was all the years I worked long, hard hours. I was up and gone to work before they were even out of bed. She wasn’t there to see the two jobs worked at the same time or me getting up at 4:00 AM to get ready for work after being up all night with an infant.
She doesn’t see me doing most of the work here so my husband doesn’t have to do anything when he gets home. She doesn’t see me using all my spare time, what little I have, trying to build my business or the hours I spend trying to save the most money off of our grocery bill.
It stung when she said it, I felt compelled to respond with the above mentioned words, but decided to just be nice, smile sympathetically and try my best to understand.
I hope someday she will be able to ease up and not have to work so much and that resentment will be replaced with gratefulness.
And I will continue "working" here.

Are you in the same spot? Then you might want to take a look at……
Project MAHMA(Moms at Home Making A Difference…and a Lot of Money!) is a global coalition of moms (and dads) who are earning an income from home and giving themselves the gift of freedom— including more time with their families—while at the same time offering others the gift of better health and a better life.

If you are a stay-at-home mom who has ever struggled to make ends meet, or a working mother who would like to transition to a business that allows you to spend more time with your family, then Project MAHMA is for you!

Visit us on the Web at: Project MAHMA

2 comments:

  1. Hi..
    I just found you from BlogHer..
    Nice to meet you...
    And I liked your posts...
    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Neetha,
    Thank you for your comment and welcome to our site!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails