If you are expecting this site to show a person whose house is spotless, with homemade meals and desert made from scratch on the table every night, the laundry always caught up, my kid always acting perfect and handmade gifts given for every holiday, then you’ve landed on the wrong site.

If you are NOT like the person mentioned above and you want to come hang out with someone who isn’t a Supermom either, then you’ve come to the right place.

Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, March 4, 2011

Is That God?

A comment my newly 3 year old asks often while pointing at a picture of most anything.

When he asks me where God is, my answer of everywhere does little to satisfy his curiosity. I try to explain as simply as possible that though you can’t see God, He is always there. I go on to say He can see you, you just can’t see Him. And you can talk to him and his son, Jesus anytime, not just during bedtime prayers.

I think that answer, that God is everywhere and sees everything you do, may seem a little creepy to a kid, but I am at a lost to explain in toddler terms of who God is and how to explain where He is.

How do I explain God’s presence without making it sound like God is always watching him like Big Brother just waiting to catch him doing something wrong?

How do I teach my son about God’s love for him without it sounding like he’s being stalked?

I love the fact that my son is becoming curious about God and just doesn’t go through the motions of praying at meals and bedtimes. My son wants to know God.

I just want to make sure I make learning about God fun, exciting and it makes my son feel even more loved than he does now. I want to create that feeling of wanting to know God a lifelong passion.

I must ask God to guide me in guiding my son to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails