If you are expecting this site to show a person whose house is spotless, with homemade meals and desert made from scratch on the table every night, the laundry always caught up, my kid always acting perfect and handmade gifts given for every holiday, then you’ve landed on the wrong site.

If you are NOT like the person mentioned above and you want to come hang out with someone who isn’t a Supermom either, then you’ve come to the right place.

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, August 23, 2010

I Never Think To Replace Things Till I Need Them

I have several low cost items that need replacing, but I never seem to get around to replacing them. Mainly it’s because I never think to buy them till I need them. One of those items is oven mitts.

I am not very good in the kitchen. I manage OK and I haven’t poisoned anybody, but I am definitely not Rachel Ray. Maybe it’s because I don’t have that bubbly of a personality. Oh I can boil, both water and my temper, I’m just not coated in sugar like she is.

Anyway, today I realized that I really need to remember to buy some cheap oven mitts because the ones I have all have holes in them. I was reminded of that when my husband called. I was holding the phone with my shoulder and attempting to pull a roast out, when my finger that was holding the pan realized it had only a paper thin layer of cloth between it and the pan.

This is what my husband heard - a scream, a crash as I dropped the pan upside down and the roast fell out onto the coils, my 2 year old running around laughing and mimicking me screaming, some cursing from me and a “I have to go!” with a voice that sounded like something from the movie, “The Exorcist”.

I wonder why he hasn’t called back? I wonder if he’ll stop at the church for some holy water before he dares to enter our house. I wonder if he’ll even ask what happened. Nah, he’s too smart for that.

I must add oven mitts to the growing list of things I need to get. It will go right under the hair dryer that broke two weeks ago.



**Women's Health Solutions - Help meet the unique health needs of women throughout every stage of life

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails