If you are expecting this site to show a person whose house is spotless, with homemade meals and desert made from scratch on the table every night, the laundry always caught up, my kid always acting perfect and handmade gifts given for every holiday, then you’ve landed on the wrong site.

If you are NOT like the person mentioned above and you want to come hang out with someone who isn’t a Supermom either, then you’ve come to the right place.

Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, February 17, 2012

Things We Say To Our Kids That Makes No Sense To Them


When we are right in the thick of the parenting trenches we often say things out of desperation that makes absolutely no sense to our kids. The confused look on their faces says it all, but we all do it.

Do any of these sound familiar?

> Said to a baby or young child who won’t go to sleep – “Do you have any idea how tired I am?!”

> Often said in the heat of the moment – “If you don’t stop crying, I’m going to give you something to cry about!”

> Said to a child with separation anxieties. I have said this myself more than once – “Trust me honey, there is no back door in the bathroom. I have to come out the same way I went in.”

> Said usually before some type of punishment – “This is going to hurt me more than it is going to hurt you.”

> Said in an attempt to justify your decision that your child does not like – “Because it is for your own good.”

> Said to a child who is learning to wipe himself – “You don’t need all that! Only a third of that will do!” (My husband caught me saying that to our son – like a 3 year old knows what a third is)

> Said with a nervous smile – “I know what I said, but you cannot tell Grandma that I said her hamburgers tasted like hockey pucks.”

> Said to an adolescent wanting to do everything her friends do – “And if your friends jumped off a bridge, would you do it, too?”

> And the favorite one is…..drum roll please…..                                                                                  ”Because I said so!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails