If you are expecting this site to show a person whose house is spotless, with homemade meals and desert made from scratch on the table every night, the laundry always caught up, my kid always acting perfect and handmade gifts given for every holiday, then you’ve landed on the wrong site.

If you are NOT like the person mentioned above and you want to come hang out with someone who isn’t a Supermom either, then you’ve come to the right place.

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, October 18, 2010

The Secret to Having a Good Day at Work

On this Monday morning, as many of you are dragging yourselves to your job, wouldn’t it be nice if you had the secret to making sure that most days would be good days? Well, I found that secret.

To make sure that most of your days are good you have to be grateful to be there. Now, I can see you rolling your eyes and thinking that you were hoping it would be some miracle answer that would solve all your problems. You may now feel disappointed that the secret to having a good day at work is simply being grateful, but don’t be disappointed, be grateful for the reminder.

At the risk of sounding preachy, gratitude really is something that most of us, myself included, need to practice more. I will use myself as an example. Not long ago I had a good job that paid fairly well, had good benefits and I worked with mostly good people. Then out of the blue with no warning, I was laid off along with other people. The shock of that never has completely worn off yet and I still feel the sting of it from time to time. The thing is, like you I often complained about my job. The work I did, the clients we serviced, the people I had to work with, management, etc. I even complained about the long drive to work and the traffic I faced everyday. If I had only known.

I think back about all those days I wasted complaining. If I had just changed my attitude about work I would have had a lot better days. I also would have improved the days of my coworkers. See, when you are happy, you are pleasant to be around. You help lift up those around you and people enjoy having you around. On an other note, if you are dreading going to work, are constantly complaining about your job, your boss and your coworkers, then you start to not only poison yourself, but everyone around you. You become one of those people that others dread to see coming. You not only make sure your day goes bad, but you also make others have a bad day just by your very presence. No one wants to be that person.

Funny how such a simple shift in the way you think can have such a powerful impact on not only your day to day life, but it even significantly impacts the ones around you. You see, there are so many people who would love to face that drive to work, put up with your boss and tolerate the people you’re stuck with in the next cubicle just to have a job. When you are wishing to get out of that place, be careful what you wish for, you just might get it. I did.

So, now that you know the secret to having a good day, what kind of day are you going to have?



Check Out Our New Products! > New Products

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails