If you are expecting this site to show a person whose house is spotless, with homemade meals and desert made from scratch on the table every night, the laundry always caught up, my kid always acting perfect and handmade gifts given for every holiday, then you’ve landed on the wrong site.

If you are NOT like the person mentioned above and you want to come hang out with someone who isn’t a Supermom either, then you’ve come to the right place.

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, November 15, 2017

My experiences with Kroger’s Clicklist


I just want to state up front that I hate grocery shopping. It’s the one thing that if I was super rich, I would pay someone to do.

In our area our big grocery chain, Kroger’s has a new feature called Clicklist.

Clicklist is simply an online grocery shopping method where you order your groceries through their website. 

You pay online, set a time for pickup, go to the designated spot to pick them up, they bring them out to your car and load them for you.

You don’t even need to get out of your car!

When this first came out I thought what many of you all may be thinking at the moment and that is, “That’s lazy!”

And for some it is. Then I was talking with my hairstylist who is pregnant and has a little boy and she told me why she liked doing it and I started to see the many possible benefits of it.

Here is a list of reasons why this is becoming so popular and why you may want to try it if it’s available in your area:

  • A tired mom with a sick kiddo. We all know what it’s like to drag a sick, cranky baby through the store.

  • You’re sick yourself and just want some soup and cold medicine. They aren’t doing prescriptions yet with Clicklist, but their website states that they may implement it in the future. Many stores have drive-thru pharmacy pickup anyway.

  • You are injured and don’t want to drag the crutches out to hobble into the store.

  • You’ve had a rough day at work, you’re running late and you know there’s nothing at home to make for dinner. You’re exhausted, cranky and you know if you go into a busy store with rude people and long lines you may just finally snap.

  • You are elderly or handicapped. Maybe it’s cold or rainy and you are concerned about crossing an icy parking lot.

  • You forgot an important ingredient for your special dinner and ask your spouse to pick it up on the way home. They’ll be less whiny about it if they don’t have to get out of the car and you promise to throw in a special treat for them if they stop to pick up the order for you.


A few stores in the area also offer delivery, which is awesome for the elderly and shut ins!

Clicklist is very easy to do. The online ordering instructions were simple. You pay online and the order isn’t charged until pickup in case there’s something that the store didn’t have or a weighed item like produce needed to be finalized.

You can see what's on sale. I like that all the items in the store are available with the current pricing.

You can add notes to an item like you want green bananas, or you want your deli ham sliced thin, etc.

Each item also has a box you can unclick if you are not willing to accept substitutions for when they are out of a certain size item or brand. 

Often they will give you the larger size at the smaller size’s price if they are out of what you ordered.

If you are wanting only a certain brand, etc., you can un-click the substitutions allowed box. 

You can also type in a note like what other brand or flavor you are willing to accept if your original choice is not available.

If they made a substitution, it will be on your printout and the store clerk will ask you if the substitution they have is acceptable to you or not. If not, they will take it back and credit your order.

All my shopper’s card electronic coupons were applied. You will want to load your coupons to your shopper’s card before finalizing your order.

Then you can pick the date and time range of pickup. There’s a drop down menu of time slots. They average about 6 orders at one time and you have a one hour window. 

The time slots fill up fast so if you’re wanting to pick it up that same day, you will want to get your order in early. It may just depend on how large and how busy your store is, too.

You then get an email notice about your order and again shortly before your time to pick up is. I put an alarm notice on my phone to remind me to go get my groceries in case I got busy and forgot.

If you miss your pickup time, they put all your items back and delete the order.

The pickup was simple. Just pull into the designated spot, call the phone number to let them know you’re there, give your name and within minutes they come out to your car with a cart of your groceries.

Frozen or refrigerated items are ice cold since they keep them cold while waiting.

I did check off my list as I unpacked the items at home to make sure I got everything. I’ve learned from others that missing items are rare, but if it does happen, call them and they will either provide the item for you to pick up or credit your charge card.

They only accept credit and debit cards as forms of payment and no paper coupons can be used.

I was pleasantly surprised at how easy and convenient it was!

There is still one problem though, I have not been able to work out....I still had to unload and put away all the groceries, but at least I wasn’t as tired when I came home from the store!


I won’t use it every time I go to the store, but I can now see the benefits of it.

How about you? Do you think now you may use this convenience?

~ImNotaSupermom


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails